The death of a loved one is a life changing and altering event. Families may be unaware and/or unprepared for the number of decisions that need to be made when someone they love has died. Most families appreciate an opportunity to say good-bye to their loved one and reminisce while receiving love and support from family and friends.
Kessler-Fahrenkrug Funeral Home provides the options of traditional funeral services and cremation services. We pride ourselves on offering a personal touch to the families we serve and assisting in the many decisions you will have to make.
Traditional funerals may include the following:
- Visitation, at the funeral home or your designated church, on either the night before the funeral or the day of the funeral
- Funeral service, at your designated church or the funeral home
- Cemetery rite
Cremation services allow similar alternatives, which include the following options:
- Visitation and funeral are held, and then the cremation is completed, after the services have taken place. The burial is then held following the cremation process.
- A memorial service is a celebration rite with the focal point of a photo or the cremation urn of the deceased present. The burial is held after the memorial service. This service can be held at your designated church or the funeral home.
- Direct cremation service in which there are no formal services of any type held.
Kessler-Fahrenkrug Funeral Home can also assist you in creating a celebration of life for your loved one. A celebration of life would offer family and friends the ability to gather to celebrate and remember their loved one without a formal funeral. This type of gathering can be held at any location. The Kessler-Fahrenkrug Funeral Home property offers a private reception space with ample parking to accommodate groups up to 75 people. Family and friends can decorate the space with their own personal items and maintain complete control of the celebration by using our space. For photos, please check out the About Us - Our Facilities.
All of the above services offered can be personalized to celebrate the life of your loved one. At your family’s direction, we will arrange a fitting tribute for your loved one. If they were a veteran, we can arrange full military rites to honor their service. We offer video tributes, memory boards, custom prayer cards, memorial folders and funeral bulletins to assist in the final goodbye. Our staff can arrange professionals such as pianists, soloists or bagpipers to help create a meaningful service for you. We honor and can personalize every faith, personality, affiliation, and interest/hobby. After all, this is a tribute to a life worth celebrating!